Current Situation regarding coronavirus pandemic
Updated 1st June 2021
If you have a booking with us you have up until 2 weeks prior to your arrival date to amend or cancel the booking without charge to yourselves.
For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date we allow a full change or cancellation of the reservation up until two weeks prior to arrival. Please note that any change to an existing reservation is subject to availability and any difference in room rate.
For any new reservations for any future arrival date we allow a full change or cancellation of the reservation up until two weeks prior to arrival. Please note than any change to an existing reservation is subject to availability and any difference in room rate. If we find that Fort William is placed in lock-down after we have taken payment, we will offer a full refund less a small administration charge to cover our costs.
Our Commitment to Your Safety and Wellbeing
The safety and well-being of all our guests is of utmost importance to us. Our existing health and safety measures are in place to ensure that the risk of infection from viruses and danger from hazardous substances is kept to a minimum. These include hand-washing hygiene and cleaning product specifications, to guest room and public area cleaning procedures.
- Hand hygiene – all our staff have been trained in the importance of personal hand hygiene as an effective method of reducing risk of infection from Coronavirus and other pathogens.
- Cleaning Products – effective cleaning of all guest rooms and public areas is important to minimise the risk of infection, and we have reviewed all products used to ensure they are safe to be in use where the public may come into contact and effective in the control of potential sources of infection.
- Procedures – room cleaning procedures have been reviewed to ensure that the risk of infection for our staff and guests is minimised. All laundry is carried out on-site to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness.
- Room furnishings – in order to minimise the risk to guests we have had to remove any furnishings from the rooms that have a purely decorative function (throws, cushions etc) so please accept our apologies for the sparse nature of the rooms!
- Public areas – in order to facilitate social distancing we have moved some of our dining room tables into the lounge. The lounge still does have two large sofas (two have been removed), but as they have fabric covers they are difficult to sanitise easily. The public toilet will be out of use for the present time, and we asks that guests make use of their own ensuite or private bathrooms.
- Bar – the bar will remain open for purchase of alcoholic, non-alcoholic and hot drinks as well as a small bar food menu. Items purchased in the bar can be consumed in the lounge, dining room, rooms or on our outside patio.
Changes to Protocols
All public entrances to the guesthouse are now equipped with a hand sanitising station with a dispenser to allow fast and effective hand sanitisation. Information is provided at the stations to inform and assist guests in the requirement for adequate hand sanitisation.
We will be operating a variety of social distancing measures to ensure that guests do not have prolonged contact with other members of the public, including changes to our breakfast service to enable guests to eat in safety.
We will maintain a 2m social distancing rule within the guesthouse for guests and we ask that guests respect this rule in order to protect themselves and others.
We have changed our check-in process to an online check-in system to enable a speedier and more efficient check-in process for guests. If you have booked directly with us the booking system will invite you to complete the online Digital Registration. If you are booked to stay with us via an agent please complete our own Registration Form by clicking on the link in our guest page.
Our normal breakfast buffet service has been suspended to facilitate social distancing. A full table service will be implemented. Guests will be asked to remain seated at all times whilst in the eating areas, and staff will serve them according to their order. We ask that guests order their breakfast by 9.30pm the night before, including time slot, so that we can plan breakfast service and serve you more efficiently at breakfast.
We take the safety of our staff and guests very seriously and would ask that guest comply with any of the social distancing measures we have in place.